Mixing fresh greens, legumes, and summer vegetables creates the perfectly filling summer salad meal. For a different variation, try switching out the arugula for a hardier green and serve with the lentils and cauliflower still warm from the oven as summer evenings start getting cooler.
What you need…
- – 1 Head of cauliflower
- – ½1/2 Cup dried French lentils
- – 4 Cups of arugula
- – 1/3 Cup chopped hazelnuts
- – ½ Red onion
- – 1/3 Cup olive oil
- – 3 Tsp Dijon mustard
- – 1 Tsp honey
- – Salt
- – 3 Tsp curry powder
what to do…
- Heat the oven to 400°. Wash and chop the cauliflower, toss it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and curry powder until the florets are well coated. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook the French lentils with 1 ½ cups of water by bringing the lentils to a boil then reducing them to simmer for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Roughly chop the fresh hazelnuts, and slice the red onion as thinly as possible.
- Mix the dressing by combining the olive oil, mustard, honey, and a pinch of salt, then stir until emulsified.
- Toss the arugula, cauliflower, lentils, red onion, and hazelnuts in about half the dressing. Taste, and add more dressing as desired. |E|
Corynn Fowler writes a food blog called Nourished by Corynn. Please visit her at nourishedbycorynn.com