This healthy spin on a seasonal fruity cake uses yogurt to create more of a cheesecake texture. Be sure to fill this cake with berries, and get creative using whatever is fresh and seasonal in your area!
What you need…
- – 2 Cups almond flour
- – ½ Cup white rice flour
- – 1 Tsp baking soda
- – ½ Tsp salt
- – 2 Lemons, zest only
- – ½ Cup maple syrup
- – 3 Eggs, separated
- – 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- – ½ Cup butter
- – 1 Cup blueberries
- – 1 Cup whipping Cream
- – Mixed Berries
what to do…
- Heat the oven to 350°. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the butter, maple syrup, and lemon zest. Then, separate the eggs and add the yolks and greek yogurt, mix well. Stir in the dry flour mix.
- Beat the egg whites on high for about 8-10 minutes, or until stiff peaks are forming. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, making sure not to mix too much and cause the eggs to deflate entirely.
- Scatter the surface with blueberries and bake for 1 hour. Allow the cake to cool.
- Make your whipping cream, adding sugar and vanilla as desired. Once the cake has cooled cover the top in whipped cream and scatter generously with a variety of mixed berries. Here we used raspberries and blackberries, but get creative using whatever is fresh and seasonal!
Photo and Recipe by Corynn Fowler. Visit Corynn’s website at nourishedbycorynn.com |E|