BROCCOLI & QUINOA SALAD WITH CREAMY LEMON YOGURT DRESSING
Recipe & photos by Corynn Fowler
This creamy summer salad is good for a crowd, and is a healthy, hearty side dish to serve alongside any outdoor summer BBQ meal.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- fresh kale
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
S T E P S
- Cook the quinoa in two cups of water.
- In a small covered pot, bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer until the quinoa is cooked and the water is gone. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Chop the broccoli heads into small florets. Peel and dice the broccoli stems as well.
- Roughly chop the red onion, almonds, and kale.
- Heat the almonds in a dry pan over high heat, shaking constantly, until they begin to brown and become fragrant.
- To mix the dressing, blend the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt and pepper until smooth. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust accordingly.
- To serve, mix the broccoli, quinoa, red onion, and almonds with half the dressing.
- Layer the broccoli mix on top of a bed of kale, and drizzle with the remainder of the dressing.