RECIPE & PHOTOS | CORYNN FOWLER
Mini pumpkin pie puddings are a fun spin on pumpkin pie without the crust. Garnish them with traditional whipped cream, and some salted pepitas to add contrast and crunch.
what you need…
– 3⁄4 Cup sugar
– 2 Tsp cinnamon – 1 Tsp salt
– 1 Tsp ginger
– 1⁄2 Tsp cloves
– 2 Eggs
– 15oz. Can pumpkin pie filling – 12oz. Can evaporated milk
– Whipped cream
– Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
what to do…
1. Beat the eggs until foamy, then add the can
of pumpkin pie filling and evaporated milk.
2. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves together. Stir them slowly into the pumpkin, mixing well. 3. Pour into several ramekins, or a ceramic pie dish, filling them with about 1 1⁄2 inches of batter.
4. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. For the garnish, make one cup of unsweetened whipped cream. Toast the pumpkin seeds lightly in a cast iron pan with some salt until they begin to puff up and turn brown.
6. Serve when cool with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds.