Recipe & Photos by Corynn Fowler
what you need…
- – 1 Package Spaghetti (227g)
- – 1 Bunch of fresh asparagus
- – 1 Handful of fresh arugula
- – 1 Lemon, sliced and zested
- – 1⁄2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- – 4 Large garlic cloves
- – 2 Cups plain unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- – 1⁄4 Cup flour
- – 6 Tbsp olive oil – Salt and Pepper
what you do…
1. Heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Wash the asparagus and break off the tough ends. Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and top with1⁄2 of a lemon sliced into rounds. Roast in the oven for 20 min. 3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente.
4. In a large cast iron pan, heat the remaining 4 Tbsp of olive oil. Finely chop the garlic cloves and brown in the olive oil for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in the milk and stir on low heat until thick, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese; add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain the pasta and stir it into the creamy sauce. Chop the roasted asparagus into thirds and toss with the pasta.
6. Immediately before serving, stir in a handful of fresh arugula. Garnish with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan and some lemon zest. Serves 2-3 people. |E|